Pharmaceutical Sales - Launch Your Pharmaceutical Sales Career Today! - Offers two eBooks to show you how to land a job in Pharmaceutical Sales and how to excel in this career. Site also offers Resume Writing, Cover Letter Writing and LIVE interviewing and consultation services.

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Ben Rothlisberger


Being a former OR nurse and seeing plenty of broken bodies, I can't help but put my two-cents-worth in on Ben Rothlisberger's mishap. I wonder why people ride motorcycles with no helmet. I'm sure it feels good to have the wind in your hair. I'm sure you think you look cool on a bike unprotected. I'm also sure that hospitals and cemetaries are full of people who looked cool and had the wind in their hair. I feel a lot of compassion for Ben and his family in this terrible time, but c'mon, he was tempting the fates. Like Pennsylvania, motorcycle laws in Colorado allow riders to go without a helmet. (There's a click it or ticket seatbelt law, however.) Today I took a drive into the mountains and observed the motorcycle riders- approximately 75% DID NOT wear a helmet. Is this some throwback to the adolescent "it can't happen to me" mentality? I sell my scrub caps to a few bike riders...I hope they are wearing them UNDER their helmets, that's all I can say!






Photo courtesy wusatv9.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home